- Kulesz, P.A. (2020, February). Features of academic vocabulary test items: affecting their difficulty for English Learners. Poster presented at the 2020 Pacific Coast Research Conference, San Diego, CA. [PDF]
- Kulesz, P.A. (2020, January). Explaining differential item functioning on academic vocabulary assessments for English Language Learners using explanatory item response models. Paper presented at 2020 IES Annual Principal Investigators Meeting, Washington, DC. [PDF]
- McIlraith, A. L., Kulesz, P., Lawrence, J., Knopf, R., & Francis, D. (July, 2019). Explaining differential performance on academic vocabulary assessments for English language learners (ELLs) using explanatory item response models. Spoken presentation at the annual meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, Toronto, Ontario. (International). [PDF]
- Kulesz, P.A., McIlraith, A., Lawrence, J. F., Francis, D.J. (2019, April). Differential performance on academic vocabulary assessments for English Language Learners: Exploring models and tested words to understand word learning challenges. Paper presented at the 2019 AERA Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. [PDF]
- Knoph, R. E., Lawrence, J. F., & Francis, D. J. (2023). The Dimensionality of lexical features in general, academic, and disciplinary vocabulary. Scientific Studies of Reading. https://doi.org/10.1080/10888438.2023.2241939
Latent Lexical Dimensions
- Kulesz, P.A., Lawrence, J.F., McIlraith, A.L., Knoph, R., Walczak, M., Francis, D.J. (in preparation). Examining and explaining differential item functioning on an academic vocabulary assessment across English-only and English Language Learners.
Lawrence, J.F., Knoph, R., McIlraith, A., Kulesz, P.A., & Francis, D.J. (2021). Reading comprehension and academic vocabulary: Exploring relations of item features and reading proficiency. Reading Research Quarterly, pages not yet available, https://doi.org/10.1002/rrq.434. [PDF]